Thursday, June 24, 2010

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Yesterday my family had to say goodbye to our beloved Golden Retriever, Frazer. The soft little red haired runt of the litter who turned into the happy-go-lucky dog that was part of our family for 14 years. The dog that ate more chocolate than even humanly possible. The dog that always wanted to be scratched behind the ears. The dog that ran at your nice clean pants and rubbed his wet face all over them. The dog that always put his paw up for a shake. And the dog that absolutely loved to be around his family.

Trevor has been so sweet and comforting. He made me dinner last night so I could curl up in a ball and just be sad for a bit...I think this is normal and healthy. However, if I am blogging about a new puppy in a couple weeks it will probably be because of Trevor's desperate attempt to cheer me up. I am sure it won't come to that...right now I just feel blue.

We miss you, Frazer...but we will see you in heaven, because even if ALL dogs don't go to heaven, you are definitely there...charming all the pretty girl dogs and eating all the chocolate you want.

4 comments:

  1. heck yes he'll be there. along with our family golden retriever who died a couple years ago...cheers... i cried and moped for at least a few days- so you're totally normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it all for the family. He lived a long, full, happy life-the "perfect" family dog. He will be missed! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Heather. He will be missed. The gift you can give any dog is a long and happy life and he certainly had that. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heth! You should've let me know! I'm sorry you didn't get to see him before he passed, but you better believe he's running around having a hey-day in Heaven and will be waiting there with paws wide open. In the meantime, he'll definitely be missed here on earth.

    You were very loved Frazer!

    ReplyDelete